Friday, May 28, 2010

Camera bit the dust

For the record I do at least have an excuse for falling off the wagon....

My camera bit the dust. Or more accurately sand. But that was only after it went swimming in the ocean while turned on. And oh, yeah, stayed there for a good 20 minutes being tossed here and there before I realized it was missing (I was supervising a 2 year old in the surf at the time. And did I mention the red flags were at full mast (aka only idiots should step toe in the water - and the lifeguards were quite adamantly chasing off anyone who ventured much past knee deep). Yeah... um common sense? Not so much....

Actually we had planned to meet some friends at the beach (they set it up). And I hadn't even checked the weather. They texted us to tell us they were rescheduling the morning of (which I didn't get because I have texting turned off on my phone - don't ask...). To make a long story short(er) we decided to go anyways (the car was already loaded, the kids were already in and the rain chances were only something like 30% at the crack of dawn and in the late afternoon neither of which being times that we would be there). We were by no means the only ones on the beach, though parking (parallel parking!) was thankfully sparse enough to land me a pull in spot on the seawall feet from a stairway down the beach at our favorite beachfront. It was a bit grey and cloudy, and even pretty ominous looking offshore for a while, but the cool breeze and break from the heat were a welcome relief that let us play far longer than we would have otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...