Tuesday, September 14, 2010

More Homework

Sheesh - it's like I am back in school again with all the homework. Only I don't recall school being this much fun back then.

As a bonus lesson we got a short technique lesson on panning. Thank goodness I picked a subject who didn't mind repeating that same motion a few (million) times as it took a while to get a picture that wasn't extremely blurry. I think I mentioned at one point or another that my hand may not be as steady as I thought??

In panning you essentially choose a longer exposure (Tv like 1/15 or 1/20) and "follow" a moving object until the shutter closes. The goal being to have the main part of the image be in focus, and the background/surroudnings show the motion or something along those lines. Sounds easy enough... right?? :)

I also remembered to bump up my ISO this time around so that the pictures weren't pitch black given that I was shooting indoors. At night. UNDER the dining room table. Don't ask. You really don't want to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...