Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Neat Receipts Scanner

More proof that great things come in small packages.


I had been eyeing this scanner at Costco for a while and when I saw it on sale last Fall I picked it up. It made it into the house and into the study and that's where it has sat every since. I would like to say it's because I was being good and waiting until Christmas, but who'd believe that? :)

So there are few things you should know about me.

1. I shop. Alot. Think GNP of a small country.
2. Shopping = receipts.
3. Receipts = clutter.
4. Quite frankly I have no idea what to do with all those receipts I amass at a spectacular rate. They are scattered everywhere (the pocket of the jeans I wore, my wallet, the car, the bar, the coffee table) basically just wherever they land.
5. One of my goals for 2011 is to get more organized. Cut down on the clutter. Do more than spot check my credit card statements. [Gasp] I know. I don't balance my checkbook either. Ever. [double gasp] I know... I run around the house scratching my head every once in a while asking Kevin if he has any idea what a check for $40 was for.
6. I have to spend less money next year. Because I want to retire. And my kids have to go to college. And my house is full. And the lady at Costco told my husband how much I spent there last year. It was mostly diapers! I swear!!

So I broke the scanner out... and tried it... and WOW. It wasn't crazy about a couple really light receipts (it discarded them as blanks), but otherwise did a great job. I now know exactly how much all the party favors cost, how much tax I have paid year to date (GASP!!!), and how expensive eating out is... Now if only it let me split out categories I could stare slack jawed at things like gratuities.

1 comment:

  1. My goal this yr is to get my husband organized. LOL I might have to pick one of those scanners up. We have receipts everywhere too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...