Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Feeling Crafty

Day 33 - Feeling Crafty


When we got to school yesterday sign up sheets were up for the class Valentines Party. By the time we arrived however the only things left were healthy snacks and treat bags. Healthy snacks didn't sound like much fun so I thought I would run by the dollar store after the boys went to bed and see if I could find something to put in treat bags. And I think I hit the jackpot. I found these great little create your own mugs. I seriously bought out all they had. I got enough for their class, and should have enough left over to give them away as favors at the boys' birthday party as well. I was so excited!

I spent the entire drive home racking my brain on what kind of design to do. When I sat down and starting looking through my scrap stash for some sort of bee or birds I came across a kit called Lovey Buggies from Kristin Aagard that I knew would be just perfect. Here's what I came up with:



I LOVE IT!! I drove my husband crazy last night as I kept printing proofs and kept forcing him to admire my work. :) But seriously - aren't they adorable?!?! I got a class roster today so I can do personalized cups for each child in the class. They will also get a Valentines themed pencil and a few pieces of chocolate.

Today at lunch I picked up a spool of ribbon to tie the tops of the bags with. And tonight I made matching gift tags. I had to assemble a sample to make sure everything would fit in the bags and see what they would look like. I was thrilled with how they turned out! Let's just hope they are as big of a hit with the kids and other parents. :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh how neat!!! I love this idea!! Very creative and I am sure they will be a big hit!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...