Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Tumbleweeds

I couldn't help but smile when I saw the tumbleweeds in the middle of the alley.


Growing up I remember one summer watching in wonder at the tumbleweeds blowing down the street, piling up against our more than 6ft tall fence and finally piling up high enough to spill over into our yard before tumbling across the yard to do the same at the opposite side.

I also remember years later watching tumbleweeds as big as my car swept across the interstate in front of me. Dodging them so as not to hit one and be fishing the prickly branches out from under the car and in the grill for weeks to come.

I hadn't seen many in the last few years, but apparently there was enough rain at just the right time to ensure that they would flourish this year to entertain new generations.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...