Sunday, August 15, 2010

You are what you eat

If you are what you eat the boys are going to be Chinese. We went to Chinatown for lunch today with the in-laws. It was the in-laws first Dim Sum trip with us. I am not sure they knew what to think.


We were a little early meeting them for lunch so I decided to stop at a Bakery a few blocks away. I had no idea what most of it was, but it looked absolutely delicious. The shop keeper was nice enough to wander around with me explaining as I pointed out one thing then another. I ended up picking out three of four things to try before going to get the boys and letting them pick out some sort of dessert. They picked up something white that I think the owner called a Moon Pie (I vaguely recall celebrating the Moon festival about this time last year with some friends now that I think about it...). It was about the size of a cookie and was a powdery white. Inside was a dark filling that Kevin says was bean paste. The paste was the color of dark chocolate. Form the small bite I had it was like a flaky pastry with a somewhat bland, not to sweet filling. It was certainly different.

At lunch Ryan polished off everything that landed on his plate from Pork Buns and Shrimp Dumplings to noodles and green beans and broccoli. He and Connor both showed off their chopstick skills and fearlessly tried a little bit of everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...