Thursday, December 9, 2010

The boys first roller coaster ride

We spent the day at Magic Kingdom. We took the train, and caught the Dream along with Mickey and Move it Shake it shows in front of the castle while enjoying treats from the Main Street Bakery before heading off to cover most of Fantasyland before breaking for lunch at Pinocchio Village Haus which turned out to be a big mistake as mom my came down with a case of food poisoning from the meatball sub.

After the Country Bear Jamboree we sent her and Great Grannie back to the hotel to recuperate and took the boys on to Mickey's Toon Fair to ride their first rollercoaster - The Barnstormer at Goofy's Wiseacre Farm. We screamed and held our hands in the air. And when it was over we ran back to get in line to do it again before going on to check out Mickey's House, the playground and Donalds' luckily dry boat. With just minutes to spare before close and fireworks we managed to squeeze in the It's a Small World ride. As we came out the fireworks had begun. Our vantage point from near the carousel was an interesting one as the larger fireworks were well off behind us, but the smaller incredibly bright ones were in front of us coming from nearby the castle lighting up the whole area with dazzling light. A piece of string from one of the nearby fireworks landed on Connor's head as he sat in the stroller watching the fireworks display.

After the fireworks we made our way towards the monorail only to find a train come in, disembark it's passengers, but not open its doors to take on new ones. An announcement came on regarding technical difficulties, and as we waited 3 trains came and left on the other line before another train finally creeped its way in to our depot once again. The once long line which we were towards the back of had been dwindling, and we decided it was time to find an alternate route as well. We caught a boat over to the Polynesian for our late dinner reservations at Ohana. We were treated to the water show of dragons and sea creatures along the way. Despite the almost 45 minute delay waiting on the monorail we managed to make it dinner only 5 minutes late for our reservation. Dinner at Ohana was as wonderful as we remembered from our previous visit. We will definitely add it to our list of all time favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...