Friday, December 24, 2010

Just a few more days...

My family arrived not long after the sun had set yesterday. I didn't get even half of my list done. I did stumble across a Cathy Guswhite (?) book that had a quote it in that made me laugh. It said something like "Why is it that we clean like crazy as if strangers are coming to visit before the people who lived with us for years, and know what kind of house keepers we are arrive?"

At least in my cleaning frenzy I happened upon my snowman dishes and broke them out of hiding.


As we did some grocery shopping today my mom and I had a good laugh about my first Thanksgiving on my own. My mom came to visit me and there was practically nothing edible in my whole house. I remember us driving all over town looking for a store that was open. We ended up finding a Walgreens somewhere. I don't remember what all we scrounged up, but I do vaguely recall a box of instant mashed potatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...