Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Helping with the Tree

The boys helped put their ornaments on the tree.


In the car on the way home I asked if they wanted to help put their ornaments on the tree. They were super excited that we finally had a tree and that they could help. They remembered just which ornaments they picked out at Disney World - a Lightening McQueen Car for Ryan, and a Nemo for Connor. The second we got home and they saw the tree they were so excited.



It's official. We finally have a tree up. Not the 14 footer, Not the 8 1/2. Not even the 7 1/2 or the 6 footer. It's funny how much my ambitions have changed from mid November until now. I was all set to put out the big tree this year. That is until we went on vacation, then I had to recooperate from vacation, and then I realized that Christmas was just a few days away and I still didn't have a tree up. Or my house cleaned. So we went with Plan B, or E or F. I lost track in there somewhere.

I bought a small new tree. One that was pre-lit, and whose assembly took a whopping 2 minutes plus a little floofing time. It is only 4 1/2 feet tall, but was the perfect height to sit on the dining room table out of reach of little hands, but not so tall that we needed the ladder even for decorating.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...