Monday, July 12, 2010

The Waffle Maker

I have wanted a waffle maker for a while now. But I needed it about as much as I NEEDED that 4th, 6th, or 8th set of dishes, too. Kitchen stuff is clearly my downfall. Well, that and bedding because you can almost never have too many sheets and comforters, right?

Anyways, back to the waffler maker. After watching a rare edition of Martha Stewart (my 3rd ever) where she made waffles it was back to the top of my wish list. I had this vision of the kids excitedly sitting around making their own waffles and eagerly waiting for them to come out just perfect. Ready to be smothered in fruit and topped with whip cream, or slathered with butter and drown with maple syrup. I am sure sunshine shone in the windows and there must have been birds chirping in there somewhere, too.

So I had finally decided to splurge and grabbed a bed bath and beyond coupon and was headed to pick one up. We ended up by Sams with Kevin looking for a DVD and while entertaining the kids by running them all over the store I happened upon the waffle maker. Not just any waffle maker mind you. But a DOUBLE waffle maker just like the one I was going to get. Talk about an omen. My eyes lit up and it was in the basket in a split second.



And maybe it was the rose colored glasses, but when I made waffles the next morning it was a lot like that vision. Kevin took the kids for a bike ride and when they came back I had just popped my first set of waffles out of the waffler maker. I was excited. The kids were excited. And Kevin, well he wanted a shower. :) I was like a kid in the candy store. I couldn't wait to taste them. True to the recipe they were light and airy. The secret is apparently in whipping the egg whites.

We will definitely be making them again. Often. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...