Sunday, July 4, 2010

Watching the Rain

It rained almost all day today, though mostly in spurts. There would be torrential down pours followed by 30 minutes where the only rain would be the remnants dripping out of the trees.


I love the rain, or more accurately the storms. I can often be found sitting out in my rocking chair on the front porch watching the lightening and the rain during a good storm. The boys came out with me today. Connor sat in my lap and we rocked and watched a particularly long shower as it passed by waiting for Ryan and Daddy to come home from the store. When Ryan got home he joined us preferring to stand at the edge of the patio watching the rain drip out of the crepe myrtles and feel the spray as the drops hit the concrete and the breeze whipped the mist up onto the porch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...